The seventh edition of the International Documentary Festival Visions from the World will take place in Milan from Thursday 16 to Sunday 19 September 2021.
For the new edition of the Festival we are currently planning an ambitious programme to be experienced both online and in presence in accordance with the government regulations.
- International Contest: Today’s ideas, people and events that will shape our future. Feature lenght international documentaries, 50’ or longer, and that are Italian premieres. Independent productions or big studio’s productions but all of them outstanding for the originality of the themes and of the storytelling. The participation and selection criteria will be published in the near future on the website.
- Italian contest Stories of the contemporary world. Stories of the Contemporary World, by independent italian authors and directors. A Competition without any format or lenght limit. All documentaries should be italian premieres. The rules of participation will be published on the website.
- Non competitive section. A selection of the best Italian and international documentary productions, directed by renowned filmmakers.
- Masterclass/Homage and Tribute. A masterclass with an international outstanding documentary film director. The Festival will pay the director a Tribute and the award “Visioni dal Mondo, Cinema della realtà 2021”. The program could also include the screening of a selection of works, by the same author or chosen by him as fundamental for his artistic career.
- Workshops and panels. Workshops, panels in collaboration with Institutions, Industry associations, Industry professionals.