The eighth edition of the International Documentary Festival Visions from the World took place in Milan from Thursday 15 to Sunday 18 September 2022.
An ambitious programme experienced both online and in presence in accordance with the government regulations.
- International Contest: A selection of international feature-length documentaries of 65′ or more. Independent productions under the sign of quality and originality. Check out the competition announcements.
- Italian contest. Stories on the present and the future told by contemporary Italian filmmakers. Two categories are open to this contest: a first one dedicated to unreleased documentaries, feature films and medium-length films over 50′ in length, and a second one dedicated to unreleased documentaries, first works with no length limit. Check out the competition announcements.
- Non competitive section. A selection of the best Italian and international 2020/2021/2022 documentary productions, directed by renowned filmmakers.
- Masterclass/Homage and Tribute. A masterclass with an international outstanding documentary film director. The Festival will pay the director a Tribute and the award “Visioni dal Mondo, Cinema della realtà 2022”. The program could also include the screening of a selection of works, by the same author or chosen by him as fundamental for his artistic career.
- Workshops and panels. Workshops, panels in collaboration with Institutions, Industry associations, Industry professionals.