The seventh edition of the International Documentary Festival Visions from the World took place in Milan from Thursday 16 to Sunday 19 September 2021.
An ambitious programme experienced both online and in presence in accordance with the government regulations.
- International Contest: Today’s ideas, people and events that will shape our future. Feature lenght international documentaries, 65’ or longer, and that are Italian premieres. Independent productions or big studio’s productions but all of them outstanding for the originality of the themes and of the storytelling.
- Italian Contest. Stories of the contemporary world, by independent italian authors and directors. A Competition without any format or lenght limit. All documentaries have been italian premieres. New this year has been the division into two sections: feature films, films longer than 50′, and short films, films of less than 50′.
- Non competitive section. A selection of the best Italian and international documentary productions, directed by renowned filmmakers.
- Masterclass/Homage and Tribute. Public meeting with Nick Broomfield, master of international documentary cinema who has been awarded with the Lifetime Achievement Award Visioni dal Mondo 2021. The Festival also screened the italian premiere of two of his documentaries.
- Workshops and panels. Workshops, panels in collaboration with Institutions, Industry associations, Industry professionals.