Rules and Regulations. Pitching Contest, projects work in progress and documentary series projects work in progress
Visioni Incontra is a Forum for documentary filmmakers and producers to meet with broadcaster commissioners, sales agents, cinema circuits, national and international distributors, platform managers and institutional managers.
The aim of Visioni Incontra is to promote a quality selection of italian and international projects of contemporary creative documentaries, that are still work in progress whether they are features or documentary series.
Visioni Incontra will favour the artistic quality of the project, the uniqueness of the content, the relevance of the subject matter, the stage of development, the estimated potential for the project to travel internationally as well as its financial feasibility.
- The contest is open to italian and international independent productions and co-productions. It is considered indipendent a production not fully financed by broadcasters.
- The projects must be funded for at least 30 % of the estimated budget.
- Must be Italian premieres: Visioni Incontra will not consider for the contest all works that have had already been pitched at other italian festivals.
- Screening formats allowed is: HD files.
- Language and subtitle: the sizzle reels of the projects officially selected for “Visioni Incontra” contest will be presented in the original version with english subtitles. In case of Italian productions: if the project or parts are in dialect and / or in a different language from Italian, subtitles in Italian and in English are required. All subtitles are at the expense of the applicants and their Production Company.
The selected Projects will be pitched in a 15 minutes session by the director and the producer, to the industry’s community attending the forum, in italian language for the italian projects and in english language for all other international projects.
Visioni Incontra staff will organize and manage one to one meetings between the producers/directors of the selected projects and the industry community attending the forum. Visioni Incontra will try to book as many relevant meetings as possible for all selected projects, but can not guarantee a specific number of meetings.
Visioni Incontra offers the possibility for projects to remain available on demand, with a password reserved for decision makers, on the Visioni dal Mondo Cinando platform for 30 days after the end of the Festival. This is to allow decision makers and potential financiers to see the projects and arrange further appointments with the directors and producers, even after the Festival.
Project’s applications comprehensive of all materials should be sent within 30 June 2021.
The selected projects will be informed within 8 July 2021.
The selected projects are required to confirm their participation within 7 days from the festival notification / acceptance.
All sizzle reels should be sent through a vimeo link with password.
The registration will be accepted if all the materials and information requested will be received within the required deadlines and will meet all the requirements. After filling in the entry form and sending it, togheter with the link for the screener, the applicant will receive an email confirmation of the registration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submissions not complying with the submission fee payment will not be considered.
- Submission fee for the project’s pre-selection costs coverage is 25 euros Vat included. The fee covers the administrative expenses related to cataloging and previewing each film.
- Submissions fees are not refundable.
- The registration will be accepted if all the materials and information requested will be received within the required deadlines and will meet all the requirements. After filling in the entry form and sending it, togheter with the link for the screener, the applicant will receive an email confirmation of the registration.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submissions not complying with the submission fee payment will not be considered.
No Project will be taken in consideration for preselection prior to the submission’s fee receipt.
Selection and Programming’s criteria
The main criteria for selection will be the artistic quality of the project, the uniqueness of the content, the relevance of the subject matter, the stage of development, the estimated potential for the project to travel internationally as well as its financial feasibility.
The selection is done by the Festival Directors and by the selection committe and the decisions are unquestionable.
The Festival has no obligation to provide comments or feedback regarding the Project submitted to the applicant or to any other representative of the film.
Once the official selection invitation has been accepted a selected project cannot be removed from the official programme.
At least 15 projects will be selected by Visioni Incontra. Project’s slotting will be determined by the Festival directors. Their decision is final.
If selected, the producer and director of the project must attend Visioni Incontra for all the duration of the event. The accreditation is free of charge for up to two team members pitching the project.
Additional accreditations for project related professionals to attend Visioni Incontra can be bought.
The Festival will publish a catalogue of all presented projects.
Visioni Incontra will try to book as many relevant meetings as possible for all selected projects, but can not guarantee a specific number of meetings. Neither can meetings be guaranteed on the specific day the project will be pitched.
Authors, directors and producers of the selected projects can modify and update the sizzle reel materials for the final presentation to Visioni Incontra up to 15 days before the Festival’s dates, (September the 1st), provided that the total duration remains within the limits stated above (not less than 5 minutes).
Jury and prize
Visioni Incontra will award for the best project a prize of € 2.500.
The prize will be nominated by the industry forum jury attending the pitching session.
The € 2.500 prize will be assigned to the production company of the film, and should be utilized for the post production and/ot the film’s completion.
When the winning project will become a finished documentary, such documentary should be premiered at the next Visioni dal MondoInternational Documentary Festival.
Visioni Incontra also includes the following prizes:
- Lo Scrittoio Subtitles Prize, awarded to the project that best narrates globality and interculturality;
- Inclusion in the programme of the Cinema La Compagnia in Florence, the only cinema in Italy dedicated to documentary films. Thanks to the collaboration between Visioni dal Mondo and Fondazione Sistema Toscana – Toscana Film Commission, this important opportunity will be offered to the first three selected projects, once they are finished.
All pitched projects should list in their credits the ‘Visioni Incontra Selection’ logo. Also the Visioni Incontra award winner should list to its credits the ‘Visioni incontra Award’ logo. Both logo will be provided by the Festival responsibles.
The Festival Directors reserve themselves the right to add additional awards and juries prior to Visioni Incontra 7th edition.
In case of conflicting interpretation only the Italian version of the Rules and Regulations is considered valid.
Entry and participation of documentaries implies unconditional acceptance of the above Rules and Regulations. The Festival Directors could take all decisions on different subjects not provided in these Rules and regulations.
The Festival will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted project. It is the sole responsability of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included in the submitted project. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any project containing unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
In the case of faulty online projection, the Festival cannot be held liable for intangible losses incurred by director, producer, or distributor.
Any litigation will be judged by the Court of Milano, Italy.
VISIONI DAL MONDO
c/o Frankie Show Biz srl
legal address: Via Volturno, 47 – 20159 Milano
operative branch: Via Privata Maria Teresa 11 – 20123 Milano
The festival provides hotel accomodation at the Festival’s hotel for the directors of the selected Projects. After the selection, the festival will inform the directors of the accommodation rules.
Hospitality is valid for one person (director), for one/two night at the Festival’s official Hotel.
If directors are 2 or more, the Festival reserves the right to communicate, once the selection procedure has been closed, the mode of accommodation.