The FestivalOur Festival wants to teach
the citizens of today’s world to look through the lenses of past and present in order to learn how to build a better future.
Unmasking the present-building a better future
Characters, ideas and events, which will influence the world of tomorrow, become protagonists in different genres from drama to comedy with universal and individual applicability.
Rules and Regulations
- The documentaries completed after the 1st of January 2020 and not yet screened in Italy in any place and context can participate to the italian contest
- The Festival will not consider for the contest all works that have had already in Italy, in any manner or form, public screenings and / or television / internet passages, and that have already taken part in other national festivals
- The competition is open only to Italian independent productions. A production is considered italian if 50% or more of the film’s funding originated from sources within Italy or if in an italian minority co-productions the director is of Italian nationality. Independent is a production not fully financed by broadcasters
- Language and subtitle : all documentaries selected for the Italian competition will be presented with Italian dialogue and with english subtitles. If the documentary or parts of it are in dialect and / or in a different language from Italian, subtitles in Italian and in English are required. All subtitles are at the expense of the applicants and their Production Company.
Italian Competition: 2 categories
- for documentaries, feature films and medium-length films over 50′.
- for documentaries, short and medium-length films of less than 50′.
Open to films dedicated to visions of a global world, of the society we live in, of its economic, cultural and work aspects, but also films dedicated to small personal stories inspired by our social life in its most controversial aspects. For a better future.
- The Contest is open to features with a duration more than 65’ that tell the story of the globalised world as a source of great contrasts, but also of exceptional characters, alternative models, fascinating collective gestures, non-violent rebellions and stories of hope. For a better future.
- The Contest aims to tell and interpret today’s history, the ideas, events and people who will influence our future. Universal stories and particular stories, with all possible tones, from drama to comedy.
- International feature lenght documentaries with duration more than 65’ completed after 1st of January 2020
- International documentaries mean all films produced outside of Italy and directed by non Italians and where more than 50% of the project financing originated from sources outside Italy.
- Must be Italian premieres: Visioni dal Mondo will not consider for the contest all works that have had already in Italy, in any manner or form, public screenings and / or television / internet passages, and that have already taken part in other italian festivals.
- Must be in english or in the original language with english subtitles. The presence also of Italian subtitles will be appreciated. The film will be screened also with italian subtitles.
Prizes, Awards and Jury
The following prizes will be awarded to the directors of the winning films:
- The Italian Contest Features Film Official Jury Prize of 5000 euro.
- The Italian Contest Short Films Students Prize of 2500 euro.
- The International Feature Contest Prize of of 3000 euro.
Producers and distributors related to the screened and or awarded films at the Festival, should ensure in the opening titles and on the promotional material the Festival winners’logo/laurel. The Festival general secretary will provide to send the official logo.
The Visioni dal Mondo directors reserve themselves the right to add additional awards and juries prior to the Festival 7th edition.
Entry Procedures and requirements
Every film must be submitted through the online registration procedure ‘entry form’ available on this site.
- Here you can fill out the Entry Form Italian Contest 2021
- Here you can fill out the Entry Form International Contest 2021
The Entry Form should be completed and submitted within the 30th of June 2021
Screening Formats allowed are mp4, h246, or a link streaming (Vimeo or Youtube) that specifies the url and pw in the entry form. The link must stay active at least until the end of the Festival, 21st of September 2021.
The final result of the Italian and International contest selection will be notified to the applicants and participants within July 8th 2021.
The registration will be accepted if all the materials and information requested will be received within the required deadlines and will meet all the requirements. After filling in the entry form and sending it, togheter with the link for the screener, the applicant will receive an email confirmation of the registration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submissions not complying with the submission fee payment will not be considered.
No screeners or application material will be returned
Submission fee for the the Italian Stories from the Contemporary World contest preselection is 25 euros Vat included.
Submission fee for the International contest Storytellers of our Time: a Mirror into the Future pre-selection is 25 euros.
The fee covers the administrative expenses related to cataloging and previewing each film.
The registration will be accepted if all the materials and information requested will be received within the required deadlines and will meet all the requirements. After filling in the entry form and sending it, togheter with the link for the screener, the applicant will receive an email confirmation of the registration.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submissions not complying with the submission fee payment will not be considered
Submissions fees are not refundable.
No film will be taken in consideration for preselection prior to the submission’s fee receipt.
Selection and Programming’s criteria
The selection for the Italian contest and for the International contest are done by the Festival Directors and by the selection committe and the decisions are based on those they consider to be the artistic and narrative merits.
The Festival has no obligation to provide comments or feedback regarding the films submitted by the applicant or by any other representative of the film.
Once the official selection invitation has been accepted a selected film cannot be removed from the official programme.
Final programming, categorization and slotting of films will be determined by the Festival directors. Their decision is final. The general programme and the schedule of the screening falls within the exclusive competence of the Festival directors. Each documentary may be screened up to a maximum of 2 times in the theatre. Each title will be streamed once and will remain on demand for the next 48 hours.
The Festival will publish a digital catalogue with the full programme.
Required items for Selected films (THEATRE SCREENING)
The directors / producers of the selected documentaries should send the following documentation within 5 days from notice of the selection.
By regular mail or Dhl, the printed materials to the following address:
VISIONI DAL MONDO – Ufficio programmazione c/o Frankie Show Biz s.r.l.
Via Privata Maria Teresa 11
2/3 poster – NOT COMPULSORY
10 images of the Film – NOT COMPULSORY
1 picture of the director – NOT COMPULSORY
20 press book – NOT COMPULSORY
Admitted Screening Formats
The Festival prefers to receive the hd file format.
Main screening format:
Resolution: 720p / 1080p
Bitrate: 4.000 / 16.000kbps
FPS: 23,97 / 24
bitrate variable (max 20mbit/s)
Audio stereo AAC/MP4 48000Hz
The HD Files of the documentaries selected must arrive in the format listed above no later than July 21st 2021, following the instructions that will be provided by the Programming Office. A copy of the documentary will remain in the Festival archive for possible non-commercial use.
The screening format is HD file and DCP
Main screening format:
HD / DCP
bitrate variable (max 20 mbit/s)
Audio stereo AAC/MP4 48000Hz
The HD Files of the documentaries selected at the festival must arrive in the format listed above no later than July 21st 2021, following the instructions that will be provided by the Programming Office. A copy of the documentary will remain in the Festival archive for possible non-commercial use.
Visioni dal Mondo will provide also an online platform in agreement with the rights holders. The documentaries will therefore also be available online to all those who register from Italy and for a viewing of up to a maximum of 500 people per title. Each title will be streamed once and will remain on demand for the next 48 hours.
Required items for Selected films (ONLINE SCREENING)
Italian and International Contest
Send your documentary in the following technical format:
- Resolution: 1920×1080 or 1280×720
- Frame Rate:976
- Codec:264 | Wrapper: .mp4
- Bit Rate: 4/16 Mbps | VBR 2-pass export
- Subtitles: English subtitles in srt file
The Festival will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted film. It is the sole responsability of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included in the submitted film. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film containing unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
In the case of faulty online projection, the Festival cannot be held liable for intangible losses incurred by director, producer, or distributor.
In case of conflicting interpretation only the Italian version of the Rules and Regulations is considered valid.
Entry and participation of documentaries implies unconditional acceptance of the above Rules and Regulations. The Festival Directors could take all decisions on different subjects not provided in these Rules and regulations.
After the selection of a documentary, the festival has the right to:
- use up to five-minute video of the documentary for publicity and online purposes
- use all publicity material to promote the Festival
- keep a copy of the documentary in its archive for non-commercial use, and for educational purposes
Any litigation will be judged by the Court of Milano, Italy.
VISIONI DAL MONDO
c/o Frankie Show Biz srl
legal address: Via Volturno, 47 – 20159 Milano
operative branch: Via Privata Maria Teresa 11 – 20123 Milano
The Festival foresees, for the 2021 edition, the in theatre screening in Milan, Covid rules permitting, complementary also to the online mode, on platform.
In the case of the in theatre screening in Milan, the Festival offers free hotel accommodation for the director of each selected documentary. Only the accommodation tax (4€) is to be paid by the guest and will have to be settled directly by the host. After the selection, the Festival will inform the filmmakers about all accommodation arrangements.
Accommodation is valid for one person (director), for one/two nights at the Festival’s partner hotel.
If there are two or more directors, the Festival Management reserves the right to inform the directors of the accommodation arrangements once the selection has been made.