Rules and Regulations
Italian Contest Storie dal mondo contemporaneo:
- All short, mid-lenght, feature-lenght italian documentaries completed after the 1st of January 2018 and not yet screened in Italy in any place and context can participate to the italian contest
- The Festival will not consider for the contest all works that have had already in Italy, in any manner or form, public screenings and / or television / internet passages, and that have already taken part in other national festivals
- The competition is open only to Italian independent productions. A production is considered italian if 50% or more of the film’s funding originated from sources within Italy or if in an italian minority co-productions the director is of Italian nationality. Independent is a productions not fully financed by broadcasters
- Language and subtitle : all documentaries selected for the Italian competition will be presented with Italian dialogue and with english subtitles. If the documentary or parts of it are in dialect and / or in a different language from Italian, subtitles in Italian and in English are required. All subtitles are at the expense of the applicants and their Production Company.
International Panorama Contest A Window onto the Future:
- International feature lenght documentaries over 50’ completed after 1st of January 2018
- International documentaries mean all films produced outside of Italy and directed by non Italians and where more than 50% of the project financing originated from sources outside Italy
- Must be Italian premieres :Visioni dal mondo will not consider for the contest all works that have had already in Italy, in any manner or form, public screenings and / or television / internet passages, and that have already taken part in other italian festivals
- Must be in english or in the original language with english subtitles. The presence also of Italian subtitles will be appreciated. The film will be screened also with italian subtitles
Prizes, Awards and Jury
The following prizes will be awarded to the directors of the winning films:
- The Italian Contest Storie dal mondo contemporaneo -Official Jury Prize of 5000 euro. The Jury is composed of leading figures of the cinematic and cultural sector
- The italian Contest Storie dal mondo contemporaneo-Students Prize of 2500 euro. The Jury is composed by students of the most known cinema and documentary’s university departments and schools of Milan.
- The International Panorama Contest A Window onto the future of 3000 euro. The Jury is composed by international renowned professionals.
Producers and distributors related to the screened and or awarded films at the Festival, should ensure in the opening titles and on the promotional material the Festival winners’logo/laurel. The Festival general secretary will provide to send the official logo.
- The Visioni dal Mondo directors reserve themselves the right to add additional awards and juries prior to the Festival 5th edition
Entry Procedures and requirements
Every film must be submitted through the online registration procedure ‘entry form’ available on this site.
- Here you can fill out the Entry Form Italian Contest Storie dal Mondo contemporaneo
- Here you can fill out the Entry Form International Panorama contest A window onto the Future
The Entry Form should be completed and submitted within the 15th of June 2019
Screening Formats allowed are mp4, h246, or a link streaming (Vimeo or Youtube) that specifies the url and pw in the entry form. The link must stay active at least until the end of the Festival, 15th of September 2019.
The final result of the Italian and International Panorama contest selection will be notified to the applicants and participants by the 8th of July 2019.
The registration will be accepted if all the materials and information requested will be received within the required deadlines and will meet all the requirements. After filling in the entry form and sending it, togheter with the link for the screener, the applicant will receive an email confirmation of the registration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submissions not complying with the submission fee payment will not be considered.
No screeners or application material will be returned
Submissions fee for the the Italian Stories from the Contemporary World contest preselection is 25 euros.
Submission fee for the International Panorama contest A Window onto the Future pre-selection is 25 euros.
The fee covers the administrative expenses related to cataloging and previewing each film.
The registration will be accepted if all the materials and information requested will be received within the required deadlines and will meet all the requirements. After filling in the entry form and sending it, togheter with the link for the screener, the applicant will receive an email confirmation of the registration.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submissions not complying with the submission fee payment will not be considered
Submissions fees are not refundable.
No film will be taken in consideration for preselection prior to the submission’s fee receipt.
Selection and Programming’s criteria
The selection for the Italian contest and for the International Panorama contest are done by the Festival Directors and by the selection committe and the decisions are based on those they consider to be the artistic and narrative merits.
The Festival has no obligation to provide comments or feedback regarding the films submitted by the applicant or by any other representative of the film.
Once the official selection invitation has been accepted a selected film cannot be removed from the official programme.
Final programming, categorization and slotting of films will be determined by the Festival directors. Their decision is final. The general programme and the schedule of the screening falls within the exclusive competence of the Festival directors. Every film could be screened up to a max of 2 times.
The Festival will publish a catalogue of all presented titles.
Required items for Selected films
The directors / producers of the selected documentaries should send the following documentation within 5 days from notice of the selection
By regular mail or Dhl, the printed materials to the following address:
VISIONI DAL MONDO – Ufficio programmazione c/o Frankie Show Biz s.r.l.
Via Privata Maria Teresa 11
2/3 poster – NOT COMPULSORY
10 images of the Film – NOT COMPULSORY
1 picture of the director – NOT COMPULSORY
20 press book – NOT COMPULSORY
By e.mail to email@example.com (COMPULSORY):
film synopsis (max 300 words) with technical specifications
short synopsis (max 100 words)
artistic and technical cast
director’s filmography (list of titles, year of productions, awards)
brief director’s statement (max 70 words)
1 picture of the director in high resolution (JPG)
4 images/photo of the film in high resolution (JPG)
For promotional purposes a digital trailer (30” max, mp4 or h264 format)
Admitted screening formats and shipping of the copies
DCP, Blu-Ray, HD FILE, MP4. The Festival will prefer HD file. All formats must be in High Definition.
A Blu-Ray copy will remain in the Festival premises for non-commercial uses.
Copies of the selected works should be shipped, preferably by DHL, in one of the above said formats and with an additional safety copy in blue ray to Milano address within the 27th of July 2019.
If you ship from outside Italy and the European Union pls assigne the package a value that does not exceed 10 euros and on the proforma invoice state the name of the sender, the title of the film, size and lenght and Frankie Show Biz srl Vat registration number 09088490967. (Frankie Show Biz srl is the co. Producing the Visioni dal Mondo festival to which address you should do the delivery).
The Festival and Frankie Show Biz srl cannot be held responsible for harddrive failures resulting from bad packaging.
Our Programme dept will get in contact about the shipment and the exact shipment address.
At the end of the Festival, on September 16th 2019, the directors/producers are requested to pick up their screening copies. If not, the shipment cost will be charged to the producers. Shipping costs (in and out) as well as any custom fees, are at the expense of the participants, if not authorized differently by the Programming office.
The Festival will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted film. It is the sole responsability of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included in the submitted film. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any film containing unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
In case of loss or damages of a copy , the Festival liability will be limited to the costs of reprinting copies based on Italian prices.
In the case of faulty projection, the Festival cannot be held liable for intangible losses incurred by director, producer, or distributor.
In case of conflicting interpretation only the Italian version of the Rules and Regulations is considered valid.
Entry and participation of documentaries implies unconditional acceptance of the above Rules and Regulations. The Festival Directors could take all decisions on different subjects not provided for in these Rules and regulations.
After the selection of a documentary, the festival has the right to:
- use up to five-minute video of the documentary for publicity and online purposes
- use all publicity material to promote the Festival
- keep a copy of the documentary in its archive for non-commercial use, and for educational purposes
Any litigation will be judged by the Court of Milano, Italy.
VISIONI DAL MONDO, IMMAGINI DALLA REALTÀ
c/o Frankie Show Biz srl
legal address: Via Volturno, 47 – 20159 Milano
operative branch: Via Privata Maria Teresa 11 – 20123 Milano
The festival provides hotel accomodation at the Festival’s hotel for the directors of the selected documentaries, After the selection, the festival will inform the directors of the accommodation rules.
Hospitality is valid for one person (director), for one/two night at the Festival’s official Hotel.
If directors are 2 or more, the Festival reserves the right to communicate, once the selection procedure has been closed, the mode of accommodation.
If the director cannot attend, he may appoint his substitute (preferably the producer) that can use the free accommodation.